Thursday, July 3, 2008

summer has officially begun


Well we all know that it's hot outside, but once the summer activities start then we can get in the swing of ALL things summer!

Alyssa has started swimming this week, along with her first cheer lesson. (I'll post pictures of that one later.)
Van sits on the side with me and constantly says, "where sissy?" And it's always the same thing back, "right there in the pool." And then he repeats "pool?" I think it is so cute when he says pool. It sounds different. It's almost like he sings it. Van will get his turn in 4 weeks, but until then he'll sit on the sidelines with me. He'll get the Parent and Me class, so I'm really looking forward to getting kicked a million times! ha ha yeah right!

Alyssa is getting so good at swimming. She's really using her big arms. (Instructor lingo.) We are at my husband's parents' house this week, so the kids will get some extra swimming in.
I just love their pool.
They have a hugh rock waterfall. I love the sound it makes in the evening, when it's nice and quiet and all you hear is the sound of the water.
Pool. Bar-b-que. Warmth. Ice tea. (my new thing)
All things that remind me that it's summer!

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena